DJ Todd P was Throwin Down Since the 80's and does not stop Soon!

Todd Hurley, aka DJ Todd P., has on the turntables since 1984. He started spinning hip hop and breaks again involved in the day Break Dancin 'in Medford, Oregon to California and found the underground rave scene in San Francisco around 1992 and fell in love with techno and dance / club scene. While the scene changes, Todd P Dj was exactly where the transition to playing funky house music and soulful vocal house in various clubs, parties and raves in California.Today Dj Todd P is the owner of Hurley and culture in Sacramento, California, Bay Area and play Nu-funk, breakbeat and house. Dj Todd P passion for music and passion for the dance floors rocking with great melodies.

So how did it all begin?

- Wow, that was some time ago (1984), I was 16 I was in Medford, Oregon, where my friends and I were all in a team of breakdance (RZA), then I moved to Los Angeles for a year and got to to see Hip Hop scenetrue! I went to the U-Club, ICE T "RADIO" (it was in the movie Breakin ') is one anyway, I saw the glove Dj scratchin on stage and beat juggling and really movin the crowd. I knew immediately that I had found my calling. when school began, there was a DJ playing in our lunch in the courtyard and I introduced myself and learned from him and his brother (thanks Nic and Polo) A DJ was born on that day ... My first name was DJ "DJ exquise"

Where are theHis name?

Well, this is a difficult question. My name is Todd, my middle name starts with a PP Dj Todd was told that you should choose your DJ name. I had a couple of friends under the name DJ Todd, so we jumped in the middle initial to tell us apart. I remember a party that you are dj and played, we were all named Todd. (The part called Todd Rose 85) as well as the name of that party is with me ever since.

How did you come to the firstPush?

Where I grew up in Medford, we started clubbing at 16. I like to dance. So I guess dance in the DJ booth pushed.

Tell us about your current DJ / production setup? What hardware / software do you use?

I now have a society of sound production (Hurley Entertainment) I have a lot of equipment. In my coffin I DJ Pioneer DJM 600 mixer, Technics turntables and Serato. I also have a Roland MC909. My audio system is equipped with 4 18 "customSubs and 8 15'tops., A huge structure with a sound system and amplifiers. I bring the noise!

If the DJing, production and promotion in the first place?

Funny, I started to mix tapes and carry out the boom box breakdance crew the RZA. Yes, we broke the box! Then Ching then promote the production now.

Who throws the best parties at the moment?

Well, I like the substance and in Sac really highlightingsome great talent from all over. In the Bay Area there are many world famous DJs every night of the week you can make a big party.

What was the first event, which will attract ever played /?

I attended my high school dance in Los Angeles (1984), the DJ who was suspended from school was left to play. And this was my big shot! We had a lot of switches and popper. Another school has come and fought my school on the ground! (We have served on the right) reminds me that night chills ...Thanks.

What was the first record you bought?

I still have it! E 'state of Newcleus Jam On It! He had just come out and I shot him in licorice pizza in Los Angeles was the first DJ record shop I'd ever seen. Stacks of vinyl, turntables and headphones. Ahhh the days of old ...

For all the songs in your chest that you never miss?

Wow there are so many ... I love to play nu-funk, I would say no radio or mixed Jayla Fort Knox Five!Seriously, it's a lot of fire out there at this moment in the genre nu-funk!

What is your favorite song / record / album / mix of all time?

It 'the only one in my head is at all times ... Simply never stops.

If all who celebrate on how you like it cold?

I like having my wife, Wendy, we like to ride a bike, chilling on the river rafting, camping, we like art. She is a singer / songwriter, so we "Studio" play aa lot.

So how is the scene in your eyes right now?

It 's always changing, but always the same in some way. The scene is a love dance music entertainment and friends. There is room for everyone in the scene! No matter who you are or where you come from. Just go to the scene and new friends at any time. It goes where you do not hear music or radio reception house you go with friends! All it takes is a smile!

What is your real name, and if you use a pseudonym, how oldare you?

My real name is Todd Hurley and I am 42 years ... UUM I just said? It is said that every person in the old to the young man asking WTF happened? 42nd okay the next question ...

Where do you live now?

I live in Sacramento, California

How big is your vinyl collection?

Pause ... Moment of silence ... Most of my request record collection was stolen a few years ago. So I'm rebuilding. I have 12,000 songs in digitalCD and a computer full of music.

What do you think of the digital DJ setup like Serato, Traktor and Ableton? Do not use it?

YES! I use a Rane Serato SL3 and I love it! I am a boy and my Serato vinyl never gives me the opportunity, really hard to get music from friends or even find and mix with vinyl. The days of record stores are disappearing, and I will miss him forever. But the music selection is not limited to the record store crates. Ieveryone on the Internet.

funniest thing that ever happened to an event?

Hmmm ... brain overload

Other DJs you rate?

Jeno, Garth, Rick Preston, Miguel Migs, Andy Caldwell, Chuck Love, Joshua Heath, Jon H. (FK5), Jayla local radio and I like to shoot Nate, Kritters and Dansin. I would say that these are my favorite right now.

What do you think of MC and their role in music culture hip-hop/dance?

I know a lot of MCand I think it's an incredible talent. I like freestyle rap battle rapper. This is true talent. Why live arm. My favorite underground rapper from Hollister CA exogenous. the guy has skills!

What advice would you give in and coming DJ / presenter?

Practice, practice, practice and learn with vinyl. Then, after a couple of mix on one of the hosting sites and get feedback. And to hear the comments! Be your own DJ to play what you do not like what peoplesay you should play. Djing is an art form and a lifestyle Welcome!

When you play, is a set plan?

He never understood, I take music from each show and put it in a box then play outta know

Times when it was first visited Ibiza? It was a holiday or to play?

I was not in Spain, but I played @ Ibiza in Oakland back in the 90. If I am on holiday my wife, Wendy tries to get me all the concerts were. Go

Would you say something? Any shouts?

For my Fat City, I look RZA, substance Department, Felony 1 records, my wife Wendy, my daughter Megan, my son Brandon

If you could be anywhere swarm the stage, where you want to choose?

I think it would be nice to throw a rave in Alcatraz!

As you can see the scene 5 years?

I saw the scene over the years has evolved in many ways. The party and the music. IfI got into the rave scene in 1989, it was all techno and all the drugs were real. Then went home and around the genre has grown into a million sub. At that time nobody knew what house music is not even the club. Now I hear the house music in television commercials and really hit the mainstream. Nu-Funk breaks and it is massive in Europe at the moment. And I think that is the direction it is musical. There are a lot of people who consider themselves producers, because they have aComputer and some grinding. I like real singers and real musicians real studio production. And the songs with some form of structure and dynamics. Not only the loop for five minutes.

If I had a time machine, what year would you go and why?

It would be the Summer of Love 1969 I had reason to be in Haight in San Francisco. This is really where it all began for the dance music scene. I like the energy there in the Haight. I make a point for every time I go toCity

A-Team or Knight Rider?

How bout Starsky and Hutch. The music was better! Chicka Bow Bow!

moviesexcomedy Drum Set Show

Danos tu comentario