LTB 5.1 Personal Home Theater Headphones Review

If you have a family, is constantly forced to sleep at different times around work. Toddle_o_Geek goes to bed at 8 clock, from 10 Wife_o_Geek clock I like to be and when. Those times when I stay up late or even if my wife's amusement, has a different form in another part of the house (usually Desperate Housewives) does not raise the home theater sound at a level where I issued a command block east - creeping in my left rear speaker.LTB Surround Headphone ads crept into my periphery vision while reading home entertainment magazines for the past few months. Curious, I looked at their site and now I could not make up my mind, its nice wireless surround headphones. A few weeks ago, after reading a lot of messages with the wireless audio hiss called, I gave the idea of wireless headphones slowly than the bike to a highway, not pleasant. A few online cleaningForum (never wrong) led me back to LTB. Maybe I could afford some wired surround headphones.

My LTB 5.1 Personal Home Theater Headphones and AC3 amp (included) a week later showed the dispatch of two days (I always order online Thursday night, the ruins of an opportunity for the satisfaction of consumers who had direct hoped. When this weekend will join the rest of the week for shipping schedules? The weekend is so stuck up.).

The headphone set hooks up to yourAV receiver or directly to a DVD player, Xbox or PS2 via optical or coaxial digital audio output (only Dolby PCM and Dolby PCM supported, DTS Sorry, static). Since I spend all my audio and most of my video through my AV receiver Onkyo TX-DS989, I wanted to use its coax digital output to the LTB by switching on Record Out 989-The manual warns that digital output only pass the two front-channel stereo. I hope that whoever wrote / translated the manualwas wrong (were) using the digital output and that there is a full Dolby Digital 5.1 in the past.

After the inventory of content boxes, I am with my free time rummaging through cable (I have lots of spare cables after moving everything down and need a different cable lengths for connecting all the electronics in the closet new to each other and towards the projector and speakers half a room away) for a decent digital coax cable, my best spare was an old MIT (I've been throughMany digital cable trying to tame a static decay in strong male voices on movie soundtracks, I think what finally adopted, it was my anthem MCA 2 separate amp). Connect is pretty easy, just run the amp to the AV receiver's digital output and the LTB AC3 (this is a little piece of kit that you can hide anywhere, a bit 'larger than a typical USB 4-Port Hub coaxial with a wall wart power supply and optical and coaxial digital inputs and an analog stereo passthrough). With the old stand-byphilosophy prompted, turn on the device before the main unit, I first powered the LTB AC3 amp and then the Onkyo has selected my source, the front panel Rec Out button, started a movie and slipped on the headphones. I only heard the noise. I pressed the LTB Amp only controls, plus and minus buttons, to no avail. I turned the car back and forth (as always proposed by the IT Crowd Roy) and the headphones blow my ears with the sounds of Zathura, the last DVD I saw that I rememberedwith some directional surround effects in the meteor shower of the living landscape. I think the LTB required to have the ability to block the signal.

The LTB with a remote control to adjust volume and mute delivered (which left and right volume control, but only one side actually something that perhaps was their "universal remote" that are no longer with their offers headset others), the buttons themselves are in the top of the amplifier. At first listen, I used the on-amp controlsAdjust the volume, but I found a level that I liked. At best, setting the headset lets deaf and the notch next to bottom were too soft and lost the movie Sonic Impact. I got the remote adjustment of the volume finest. It seems that the amp controls are a gain from the raw Dolby Digital signal and the remote volume trim from there. I like listening to the maximum gain and then adjust the volume by pressing a remote there. This level was still slightlytoo strong, but I'm used to, especially since I have heard.

The next issue I ran into had to do with the length of the headphone cable is only 4 meters in length. For my initial tests the cable was laid between my head sitting in my home theater sweet spot and the LTB Amp in my cabinet, to the point where every gesture simply pulled the drive pulled from the shelves. LTB sells a 13-foot extension cable through their online stores, I have now (you can not only old mini-plug extension cablecable because the LTB for a special mini-plug and 5.1 channel surround that offers all that more drivers in the headphones, is a table that is sent to bits several mini-plug and which channels it).

The LTB listening experience is much more exciting than regular stereo headphones, but not so the experience of a properly set up 5.1 speaker system. Last night I had skipped my way through Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (though allPrequels are terrible, they are impressive home theater demonstration material, I wish Lucasfilm would re-release Phantom Menace with proper color decoding (since converted from HD cameras, I guess, look at the big Rec 709 color spec, but from the production of DVDs has hurt switch to SDTV's Rec. 601 (if you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about head on over to the AVS Forum) and without edge-enhancement)) looking for obvious active surround scenes. The Star WarsTranche was swinging a lot of fly-by, chasing the laser gun and laser swords to really pressure the LTB's performance to its limits (you can lose easily skip every other chapter in the first two thirds of the film, with nothing, only after Obi-Wan Kenobi's detective adventure (Behind the scenes: the direction of George Lucas': Okay, Ewan, you can play this scene like everyone else, just so you do an eight-year-old Star Wars takes the walkie-talkie your teddy bear / Ewan Right, then.this is not the scene with my contractual full frontal nude / George Lucas: Yes, we need to talk ...)). The first major bridge, the Queen's Silver Wing ship to blow up, as the passengers were safely out relatively low flows of large ship engines and actually broke a bit 'in your headphones. Other than this effect was difficult to exceptional bass performance and definitely engaged and grounded me in the film. Aided by the bass extension the headphones presented awide front soundstage. The surround effects are less obvious, and ideally should be subtle and not overpower the direct action of fronts. I never felt that the impact came from far behind me as she is in reality much and calibrated surround loudspeakers. The laser beams, the characters provide the rigid lines off screen and John Williams guest alone near the back of my ear, did not reach behind your head. Despite this, the headphones still presented a very clear picture noisethe action on screen.

I moved to the Xbox and EA has started much hyped first person shooter, Black. Play with only the sound effects were screaming shell casings plinking on pavement from full-auto AK-47 fire and enemies in Russia, immediately Wife_o_Geek irritated, so I got back so low the bastards snuck up on me and click-Bang game over. The LTBs were the best solution for this situation: silence for my wife and staff, strong fight for Chaosme. The LTBs increases the immersion in the game with directional cues and bass performance is still solid and exciting. So I would crawl around on the bass last trigger pull before exploding the nearest propane tank (destruction bonus).

Comfort is a question that may have a headset with surround sound for games and movies for a long time. The LTBs are the most comfortable large, closed headphones I've ever worn. I'm not crushed nerve, orto my ears. The padded headband bothers me after two hours.

Geek with Family recommends the LTB 5.1 Personal Theater headphone system. With simple design, comfort, updated stereo sound, good LFE / bass performance and extended necessarily try if you want something or enrich your end private game movie night without waking up the rest of the house.

santana guitar heaven The Training Day Drum Set Show

Danos tu comentario